W. Schweppe, MDiv
PO Box 1064, Sterling, Illinois 61081
of Divinity Lutheran
School of Theology, Chicago, IL
of Arts, Geology Knox
College, Galesburg, IL
2016 - Present Intentional Interim Pastor
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Dixon, IL
– 2016 Adjunct
Professor of Ethics
Hawk College – East Campus, Galva, IL
– 2016 Pastor
Lutheran Church, Kewanee, IL
– Present Certified
14th and 15th Judicial Circuits, State of Illinois
– 2010 Pulpit
Illinois Synod, ELCA
– 2010 Health
Whiteside County Health Dept., Rock Falls, IL
– 2008 Pastor
Lutheran Church, Aledo, IL
1992 - 1996 Pastor
St. John Lutheran Church, Elizabeth, IL
1989 - 1991 Pastor
Sherman Lutheran Parish, Garrison, SD
* Helped facilitate the planning and completion of a $1.5 million renovation after a fire at Zion Lutheran Church in 2012-2013.
* Helped facilitate the planning and completion of a $40,000 renovation at Messiah Lutheran Church in 1998 (loan paid off in less than two years)
* Developed various policies with church council members; facilitated constitution and bylaw revisions.
Pastoral Care and Leadership
* Pastor of four parishes since 1989.
* Assisted schools after suicide tragedies in Aledo and later at Wethersfield High School, Kewanee.
* Led current congregation through recovery from church fire offering spiritual and administrative leadership between 2012-2013.
* Via de Cristo Weekend Retreat Spiritual Director (various weekends from 1998 – present).
attendance of a junior college ethics class from mid-twenties to between 45-60
between 2012 and 2016.
numerous classes and workshops for parishioners and the community.
science fun to grade school students as “The Science Guy.”
court mandated classes for parents of divorce with children.
Public Speaker and
and presented over 2000 sermons and public addresses.
over 150 newspaper and newsletter articles.
to speak to an audience and hold a discussion with or without notes.
the organization board of Freedom House’s Voices
Against Violence Coalition, 2016.
the organization board for LOMC’s Family Camp for autism spectrum families,
trip to El Salvador through Habitat for Humanity, 2013.
congregational education and advocacy to church members conflicted over the
ELCA sexuality statement, 2009-2010.
2017 NALIP Intentional Interim Pastor Training (Luther Seminary)
2016 Resilient Leadership Coach Training (in
2015 Boundaries Workshop (NI Synod)
Sleep Deprivation, Autism, &
2012 Accepted into Luther Seminary Doctor of Ministry Program
2011 Clergy Clinic in Family Emotional Process (LMPC)
2010 Boundaries Workshop (NI Synod)
2010 Class: Human Behavior and the Social
Environment (U of Iowa)
2010 Autism-Asperger’s Syndrome Conference (Future Horizons) Dixon, IL
2009 Class: Substance Use and Abuse (U of Iowa)
2009 Mediation Skills Training - Certification (Northwestern University)
2009 Divorce Mediation Training -
Certification (Northwestern University)
2009 Applied Suicide Intervention Skills
Training (ASIST) Sterling, IL
2009 Mediation Skills Training Institute (LMPC) Lombard, IL
2008 Autism-Asperger's Syndrome Conference (Future Horizons) Dixon, IL
2007 A Strength-Based Approach to AS, NVLD,& HFA (HealthEd) Moline, IL
2006 Understanding Individuals with AS or HFA (Lorman) Rockford, IL
- 2017 Board Member, Voices Against Violence
– 2015 Board Member, Kewanee Community Drug
& Alcohol Task Force
– present Volunteer Storm Spotter, City of Kewanee, IL ESDA
– present Kewanee Ministerial President
(2013-2015), Vice Pres. (2011- 2013)
– present Parent Advocate Galva,
Kewanee, Sterling School Districts
– 2007 Co-developer, Board Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters,
– 2008 Member, Rotary Club of Aledo,IL
– 2008 Board Member, United Appeal Fund of