Pastor David W. Schweppe -

Categories

Monthly Article
powered by

My Blog

January 2015

January 2015

There's a story in the Scriptures about Jesus as a twelve year old. Her and his parents were in Jerusalem for Passover. When the family started back for Nazareth after the Passover, Jesus stayed behind. Mary and Joseph came back to Jerusalem and found Jesus at the temple.

During the most-likely heated discussion that ensued, Jesus questioned his parent: "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?" The story ends with the family reunited, returning to Nazareth, and Jesus being obedient to his parents, and growing "in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men" (Luke 2:51-52).

"Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?" Even as a young man Jesus was teaching people about priorities. Worship, prayer and study matter. Through those acts God speaks to individuals and to nations. The Father's house is the place where one comes also to be in community with other believers - Mary and Joseph found Jesus talking (visiting, socializing) with the teachers of the temple court. The Father's house is the central locale for learning, socializing, and growing in faith.

The same is true of your church home. Whether out of inheritance ("my family has gone to this church for generations") or choice ("I decided to join this church"), you are a part of your congregation, your faith community. This is the community in which you have opportunities for fellowship, for learning, for worshipping, for sharing, for growing in faith.

It is said that a muscle is only as strong as the amount of exercise it receives. Make a new year goal of exercising for faith muscle. If you do, I guarantee you that by the end of 2015, you will experience the promise of a new life.

But remember, it starts by being in God's house and making an intentional decision to be a part of the faith community... just like Jesus.

May God bless you and yours with a wonder-filled new year!

- David Schweppe

12 Comments to January 2015:

Comments RSS
*/-*/ on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 3:05 AM
9+89
Reply to comment

Buy Cheap Essay Online on Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:34 AM
This is such a good initiative for gathering children's fund. I was working on an assignment with the writing services online and I got to come to this site.

superiorpapers.com prices on Monday, September 10, 2018 7:19 AM
I am very happy to visit davidschweppe blog and found the better discussions for individual priorities always,thanks. More visiting the process for community fellowship and learning the great techniques.
Reply to comment

write my assignment on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 5:45 AM
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post.Perfect description you have provided thanks for sharing.
Reply to comment

Assignment Help Online on Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:24 AM
Mostly we face problems while writing assignments is because of lack of writing skills or we don’t know from where I will get proper information for my assignment. To solve this issue many assignment help online service are available in market.
Reply to comment

psn live codes on Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:27 AM
This code can be used to access a network of certain time results (for E.G., a joint month, a third, six months).
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:57 AM
Reply to comment

superiorpapers review on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:46 AM
Every time I read your blog, I feel so blessed and inspired. The church is also my home, because I am a choir member since I’m 12 years old. In church I learned many things because our parish has many activities that make our faith stronger. I feel home in church because they are also there for me, every time I have a problem, I just go to the church and pray for guidance and forgiveness and this makes my feeling light.
Reply to comment

dances with wolves summary essay on Tuesday, July 09, 2019 12:54 AM
What I admire about this blog the most is the feeling of comfort and rejoice. I agree with the stated ideas pretty much.
Reply to comment

Jack on Tuesday, August 06, 2019 4:08 AM
Good post .Great article! I loved the insight and advice given. Further, your blogging style is very fun to read. If you have enough time please explored my brand new blog and let me know what you think. get rubber roof online
Reply to comment

dissertation methodology structure on Friday, August 09, 2019 1:46 AM
Provide the data about the material which your study is based on and the location where the experiments have been conducted. Mind that it is necessary to state exactly what kind of material has been used for your research.
Reply to comment

online dissertation hypothesis writing services on Friday, August 09, 2019 1:48 AM
Scientific research is about finding out what causes certain outcomes to occur.
Reply to comment